NEUROGEN BRAIN SPINE INSTITUTE
Hospital Address : Sector 40, Plot No. 19, Opposite Konkan Rail Vihar,Near Seawood Station, Palm Beach Road,
Seawood (W) New Mumbai,
Overview : Diseases resulting from degenerative changes in the nervous system markedly impact the lives of millions and pose growing public health challenges. The prevention and treatment of these neurodegenerative disorders represents critical goals of medical research today and is the mission of the NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute.
At NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute we provide a ray of hope to people who have none and thereby increase the quality of life. NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute is an institution which not just wants to give treatment to the patients but also take into consideration the overall well being of the patient.
NeuroGen Brain & Spine Institute has been set up to help patients with incurable neurological disorders such as Autism, Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, stroke, etc. We use a multidisciplinary approach to relieve the symptoms and improve quality of life of such patients
Our approach consists of using a combination of
1. Stem Cell Therapy,
3. Other Medical and surgical treatments
We use adult stem cells derived from the patient’s own bone marrow, as they are the safest and most feasible type of cells. There are no major ethical and moral issues involved in the use of these cells. Since every patient is different, our treatment protocol is customized according to the patient’s requirement.
- Autism: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder which appears in the first 3 years of life and affects the brain’s normal development of socialization and communication.
- Muscular Dystrophy: The term Muscular dystrophy(MD) refers to a group of genetic diseases marked by progressive weakness and degeneration of the skeletal or voluntary muscles, which control movement. The muscles of the heart and some other involuntary muscles are also affected in some forms of muscular dystrophy, and a few forms involve other organs as well.
- Cerebal Palsy: Cerebral Palsy is a disorder caused by damage to the brain during pregnancy, delivery or shortly after birth. It is often accompanied by seizures, hearing loss, difficulty speaking, blindness, lack of co-ordination and/or mental retardation. About 25 percent of cases come from a prenatal cause such as anemia, improper nutrition, viruses, x-rays or premature delivery. About 40 percent are caused by lack of oxygen (hypoxia, and the remaining causes are unknown.
- Spinal Cord Injury: A spinal cord injury usually begins with a sudden, traumatic blow to the spine that fractures or dislocates vertebrae. The damage begins at the moment of injury when displaced bone fragments, disc material, or ligaments bruise or tear into spinal cord tissue. In India, approximately fifteen lac people live with spinal cord injury.
- Stroke: Stroke or “brain attack” occurs when a blood vessel carrying oxygen and nutrients to the brain is blocked by a clot or bursts, blood clot blocks an artery (a blood vessel that carries blood from the heart to the body) or a blood vessel (a tube through which the blood moves through the body) breaks, interrupting blood flow to an area of the brain.
- Cerebellar Ataxia: Cerebellar Ataxia refers to a condition of unsteadiness of gait. Causes of ataxia are varied. It includes, among others, alcoholism, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, thyroid disease and genetic abnormalities. It may also result from a viral infection or chicken pox during childhood.
- Head injury
- Mental retardation
- Injuries of the brain and spine due to infections
- Genetic and degenerative neurological disorders
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuromuscular disorders
- We at NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute aim at providing an overall well being of patients
- We not only just initiate the therapy but also provide Rehabilitation Therapy
- To support stem cell research and regenerative medicine under the highest ethical and medical standards for the discovery and development of cures, therapies, diagnostics and research technologies to relieve human suffering from chronic disease and injury
- Provide Global Rehabilitation and Counseling facilities for patients with neurodegenerative disease
- Be globally recognized as an ethical best-in-class Biotechnology Centre of Excellence
- To attract and retain leading scientists, students and management expertise to build the capability and sustainability of the Centre of Excellence
- To increase awareness regarding Stem Cells and its applications in Mumbai.
Diseases and injury of the brain and spinal cord produce damage to the nervous system with resultant paralysis/ weakness of limbs, speech / visual & other neurological symptoms. For many such conditions proven interventions do not exist or have been ineffective therefore these patients continue to be symptomatic and suffer severe physical and neurological disability despite all possible medical, surgical and rehabilitation assistance.
The NeuroGen Brain & Spine Institute has been set up to help such patients get relief from their symptoms and physical disabilities using the safest and most effective available treatments and technologies from the field of the Neurosciences & Regenerative medicine in a professional & scientific as well as a holistic & caring manner.
Our strategy is to promote the recovery of neural function with a close integration of Neuro-regenerative (stem cell), Neuro-protective (medications) and Neuro-rehabilitative (physical/occupational/speech) therapies. This therefore combines the best of Neurobiological repair technologies and Neural restorative techniques. We recognize that even small functional gains may have a significant effect on the quality of life of our patients. Our treatment is individualized to the specific requirements of each patient.